Search in pcbugz

Custom Search

Friday, May 22, 2009

Vertical Lines on the Monitor

A friend of mine was very irritated when suddenly a 2-inches black vertical line on the left side of his laptop appeared. He don't know why this happened and don't know the solution either to remove it. Then so I checked his laptop on what's happening.
1. In normal mode, the line is visible, but still the area where the black vertical line superimposed is still visible.
2. When I restarted the pc and checked in safe mode if the line is still there: the line is showing.
3. I went to the BIOS if the line is still there: no surprise, it's still there.
4. I connected an external monitor to the laptop and check if there are vertical lines on the monitor: none.
My conclusion, even without reinstalling the OS or the drivers, it is definitely an LCD problem. It needs replacement.
Now, there are some scenarios that might occur with the vertical lines:
1. If for some reason you choose to do #4, and there are vertical lines externally, that means there might be a problem with the driver or the video card.
2. If you perform #1, but there are no lines in #2 premise, then reinstallation of video card driver needs to be performed.
3. I hope I was clear.
...to end: count then share your blessings to others...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?