Search in pcbugz

Custom Search

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Toshiba Satellite Disassembly

I had a rough time disassembling Toshiba Satellite A200 with the link I created with this post. When I checked this site, I'd say, this is incomplete! And decided to create a post so I have a reference in the future (but that will come later since I have to deal with the Toshiba). The problem of the laptop I'm working with is it's VGA port is not working. When an external monitor is connected to it, you cannot see anything on the other monitor. Even if you set the correct settings. So I decided to open it and perhaps reseat the cables. And so I did. I had a rough time since when I'm checking the net, there are no how to's for removing the keyboard, then the keyboard bezel and everything inside. Accidentally I removed the bezel, and everything falls into proper place. This is chicken and so I thought. I reseat the cables of the VGA port, and it is not part of the mobo so if this is broken, we can replace. To my dismay when the computer is running again, the VGA is still not working. When I finally checked the site, there are pages 2-4 to look at, adding to my dismay. I was figuring out what to do next when I haven't seen those pages when in fact they are there to give support. To you man who posted the troubleshooting steps, thank you so much.

...to end: count then share your blessings to others...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?