Search in pcbugz

Custom Search

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Parallel Operating System in Mac

(I stand corrected with MAC OS Z), read along....
One of my customers asked me questions about his MacBook problem. He told me that he purchased the MacBook 2 years ago, with the operating system of MAC OS X, to which I dunno the exact version (10 point something), anyway it doesn't matter. He then told me that he partitioned the hard drive into 2 so one partition caters the Mac while the other partition is for XP. Every now and then, he needs to restart his computer to switch from one operating system to another, and he don't like it.
I showed him the newer version of MAC OS Z (is this MAC OS X 10.5 Leopard?), which is available in our store so he can probably purchase another MAC. It has the parallel desktop that it can show and run the programs for both Windows XP and MAC OS Z. MAC OS Z, as I explained is capable of displaying and running programs of both Windows and MAC even without restarting the pc (to save time).

Unfortunately, he don't want to purchase the said MAC. He wanted to me to find out if his old pc, MAC OS X MacBook can be upgraded to MAC OS Z so he can enjoy the full functionality of parallel desktop, or does MAC OS X can be used for parallel desktop too just like the OS Z?

The answer is YES for both questions. His MacBook can be upgraded into MAC OS Z, if he likes it, or simply install this software into his MAC OS X (lower version). The software is called "Parallels Desktop for Mac".

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
1. Current MAC OS X is 10.4 (Tiger) or higher running on Intel® Mac
2. 1GB RAM
3. 32 GB disk space (the more the better)

...to end: count then share your blessings to others...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?