Search in pcbugz

Custom Search

Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Outlook is currently indexing your items. Search results may be incomplete because items are still indexed" error

It's not actually an error, it's like when you open Outlook 2007 and start using this feature to make your searching faster, this message comes out: "Outlook is currently indexing your items. Search results may be incomplete because items are still indexed". There are probable reasons why your outlook is behaving this way:

1. Your .pst files might be damaged. Use the scanpst option in your computer to scan your damaged pst files. For some reasons, I tried using this option in resolving pst files being corrupted but none so far resulted in repaired pst after scanning them. I dunno, but it's worth a try.
1A. After repair, open Outlook for an hour and see if Indexing is done. Double check through opening outlook, Tools, Instant Search, Indexing Status.

2. Your computer is indexing wrong item. check it through opening Outlook, Tools, Options, Search Options, Indexing section = select the data to index (tick it), then start indexing again.

The succeeding steps will rebuild or restore your indexing powers by doing this, if upon doing steps 1 & 2 didn't work:

3. TO RESET SEARCH OPTION
1. Close Outlook.
2. Control Panel
3. Indexing Options
4. Advanced
5. Rebuild button

4. TO RESTORE DEFAULTS
1. Click the Restore Defaults button below Rebuild.
I hope the guide will work for you.

To end: count then share blessings like Web traffic exchange to others

2 comments:

  1. I will be working with my emails tomorrow at 9 o'clock. I thought so, but unfortunately this morning I have opened my MS Outlook and I was astonished reason of my data was lost. I made up my mind to find a resolution of this problem. Perhaps I was born under a lucky star, because I found - microsoft outlook repair tools download. With the help of the software my data was recovered. Moreover I didn't spent the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb...It Worked out... Thanks for the Info......

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?