Search in pcbugz

Custom Search

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Active Desktop Recovery

You can see a white background on your desktop screen that says "Restore Active Desktop", instead of your usual desktop screen picture. What to do?

1. Go to Start >> Run
2. Type regedit then Enter
3. Locate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Safemode\Components
4. Double Click DeskHtmlversion REG_DWORD 0x00000110(272)
5. Change the value to 0.
6. Log-off and on.

It did remove the active desktop recovery error for the meantime. I found out that after I restarted the computer, the previous value of step #4 went back to its original numbers! So I don't recommend this step. I just created a link just so in case I need it for bogus troubleshooting steps.

To end: count then share blessings like Web traffic exchange to others

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?