Search in pcbugz

Custom Search

Saturday, November 7, 2009

How to disable checkdisk during startup on Vista OS

CHKDSK is short for check disk. On Windows operating systems, it is used for checking bad sectors or faults on the hard drive. My question is: is it necessary every time I restart my computer? No. This is what I did on one of my client's computer after seeing the chkdsk every time I restart the pc, to my annoyance:

1. Go to Pearl button, type regedit then press the Enter key.
2. Click the arrow before HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
3. Do the same for SYSTEM
4. Then on CurrentControlSet
5. Next on Control
6. Highlight on Session Manager
7. Double click on the name BootExecutive on the right pane
8. Add /k.C before * so it will look like autocheck autochk /k.C*
9. Click OK, then restart your computer

Count then share blessings like Web traffic exchange to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?