Search in pcbugz

Custom Search

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How to uninstall YM when error "could not open install.log file" is showing?

Problem 1: I can't uninstall yahoo messenger from my vista OS pc, I have the error "could not open install.log" everytime I uninstall it.

What I did was to copy the install.log of yahoo messenger from my other laptop with XP OS and placed it in my vista os pc on C:\ProgramFiles\Yahoo\messenger folder.

When I went to Programs and Features to uninstall YM, it worked.

Problem 2: Yahoo is not opening once installed
I really hate Vista!

I have to close all applications and remove all the trash from my browser like IE (delete temporary internet files, cache, cookies and histories), delete the Messenger folder from C:\ProgramFiles\Yahoo. Restart the computer, download YM again and reinstall it.


To end: count then share blessings like Web traffic exchange to others

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?